A Franciscan Education
St Anthony's Catholic College owes much to the heritage of the Franciscan Friars. St Anthony himself was so impressed by the Franciscan way of life that he left his original order to join St Francis and the friars.
"Where there is love and wisdom there is neither fear nor ignorance."
(St Francis of Assisi)
Francis modelled his way of life on the message of Jesus in the Gospels. Love pervaded Jesus' teaching. The sign by which Jesus would be known among his f
ollowers would be that of love :
"By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples."
At St Anthony's Catholic College we aim to emulate the model of Francis and, of course, Jesus in all that we do. We believe that a school which claims the Franciscan tradition, aims to create:
- An atmosphere that is fraternal;
- A sense of solidarity and belonging among all persons at the school;
- A community of self-disciplined persons;
- A place of pardon and peace;
- A community of service within the larger social community;
- A human environment of beauty.